Sunday 13th September 2020 - China Petals Studio, Banks Mill, Derby
At this China Petals beginners workshop I will show you how to nip and shape old china plates to make 'tiles' to create a lovely mosaic plaque. There are lots of designs to choose from including a bird, heart shapes and even your initial. All materials are provided including the use of my China Petals tools, pine cradled plaque, china plates, embellishments etc. You are very welcome to bring your own china and or embellishments to make your creation more personal to you.
As the glue needs to dry for 24 hours before grouting I will give you a quick demonstration of how to mix and apply grout, plus instructions and a bag of powdered grout to take home at the end of the session.
Tea, coffee and biscuits are provided during the workshop but please bring your own packed lunch.
This China Petals workshop will be held at my China Petals studio at Banks Mill, 71 Bridge Street, Derby, DE1 3LB. Please not my studio is on the 2nd floor of the Mill and there is no lift. However, the stairs are wide and there are hand rails on both sides.
Banks Mill does not have a carpark but there is plenty of on-street parking available (charges may apply, but currently this is free on Sundays but please check)
My China Petals workshops are great fun, relaxing and you will take away a piece of mosaic to be proud of. I limit the number of places on each workshop to ensure everyone has my care and individual attention when required. With this in mind please book your place early to avoid disappointment.
Terms & Conditions on booking:
- I regret that I cannot offer refunds on bookings but can transfer bookings to another workshop where available. Alternatively you can transfer your workshop place to a friend. China Petals cannot be held responsible for any circumstances out of their control such as weather, traffic or other external party issues.
- Should China Petals unfortunately have to cancel a workshop, they will contact you as soon as possible to offer another workshop date or a refund.
- Please make sure I have your full contact details when booking.
- This workshop is intended for beginners and for those who want to use the techniques accquired as a hobby. If you intend to sell your work please speak to me so I can offer you a workshop more suited to your requirements.
- Creative style and content, including written materials, of this workshop is for the exclusive use of China Petals and should not be reproduced or copied without prior permission.